May 15, 2012

Mother’s Day

IMG_0602_woodstock

I’ll be honest. Mother’s Day wasn’t the best this year.

I’ll explain…

 

First…I LOVE my kids and my husband. And I know they love me and, if not now, will appreciate everything I do for them (probably not until they have their own kids, and that’s fine…I was the same way…).

But it just was a little lacking this year.

 

Dan had to work so he wasn’t there to let me sleep in or make me breakfast or anything else that he (may have) done.

IMG_0611_woodstock

 

My girls are awesome, but we’re still working on them not being so self-centered and thinking about others & their feelings. I went in to take a nice long bath & relax that morning. When I finally came out and was halfway across the room, I heard one of my girls say “Oh, Happy Mother’s Day Mom”. With not a lot of feeling…no hug…I wasn’t even looking at them and was on the other side of the room. Just hit me wrong I guess.

IMG_0623_woodstock

 

Then, later after Dan woke up, I felt like my gift (which I already knew I was getting) was just kind of thrown at me.

Again, I know my girls love me. And I don’t need just one day for them to prove it. But I felt like they could have shown it a little better. I felt like they only said “happy Mother’s day” and gave me a gift because they “had” to…kind of like Hallm@rk said they had to so they did.

It did get better though and I was able to get some good shots with my girls.

IMG_0609_woodstock

IMG_0611_woodstock

IMG_0613_woodstock

 

I do love them so very much and am so proud to be their mother. This was just a(nother) learning experience. And I really, REALLY like the gift (mani/pedi’s for me & both older girls, then lunch out with the family). Can’t wait to find a time that works for all of us & get a little pampering done while spending time with the loves of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment