July 14, 2011

4th of July

We always have a great 4th of July. How can you not…bbq, family, fireworks…

It started Saturday when we visited my hometown to pick up Emilee (who had been visiting my sister) and stayed to watch their fireworks show. It was H-O-T!

Untitled-1

Kalia has a great time running with her cousins. She tries her hardest to keep up with them.

 

Then on Sunday we worked hard on the bathroom remodel (pictures will be coming as soon as we get everything finished. We’re close…really close). We were able to get the painting finished & the new flooring in before we had to leave to watch the parade. We rode on the FCC float. Kalia was not super excited about that, but she played along.

untitled 2

After the parade, we got some frozen yogurt, as I had promised. Then we rushed home and BBQ’d some hamburgers.

 

On Monday my family celebrated with us. We played a few games of volleyball (seems to be a tradition). It was so stinkin’ hot. We broke for lunch (we switched things up this year and served bbq’d brisket & pulled pork sandwiches. I thought it was delicious…and a nice change of pace), watched the kids play in the sandbox & pool, then back to the volleyball court we went. I was more than happy to see the clock tick its way towards evening so we could relax and watch the fireworks. I’m pretty sure Kalia spent the entire day in the pool.

It was a great 4th, but I was so pooped. I was not ready to get up the next morning & go back to work. Next year I think I’ll be taking the day after off.

No comments:

Post a Comment