June 22, 2011

Father’s Day

I’m pretty sure my girls have the best dad in the world.

And I’m pretty sure they feel the same way.

This year we decided to do something  a little different. I have a hard time buying for Dan. It’s not that he’s picky, just nothing seems right, or he already has it.

So this year we went for creating memories instead.

And I think we did a pretty good job.

 

We started with some Laser Tag playing across the river in IL. The only bad thing is we couldn’t all play together, as someone had to watch Kalia. So Dan & his older girls played a game, then Amanda & I played.

After that we took him to a nice Irish pub that I read about online. Nothing fancy, but some really good sandwiches. I had a reuben, and it was one of the best I’ve ever tasted.

 

Next we drove a couple blocks down to Busch Stadium to watch the Cardinals take on the Royals.

There is no better way to spend a day than to watch baseball (at least according to Dan…and since it was his day….) They were forecasting rain, but we prayed it would hold off long enough to finish the game…and it did. The Cardinals won, so it was a perfect ending to a perfect day.

On Sunday we drove to visit our fathers. Dan’s dad was the 1st stop, where we enjoyed a nice lunch of fried chicken, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob and all the sides. Kalia LOVED looking out over their deck at the lake and watching all the boats go by.

(I, unfortunately, did not take any pics while at my dad’s.
I’ll have to get some the next time we’re together. Can’t believe I did that!)

Next we stopped by my dad’s and chatted for a bit. Unfortunately we weren’t able to stay more than a couple hours as we all had to head back home & get ready for work/school. I was glad for the time we got, though.

I’m so thankful for the fathers in my life… and for my husband who is the most perfect father for our children. I love all of you very much!

BW wed

No comments:

Post a Comment