May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend Fun–Sunday/Monday

Sunday was another day of running…this time not as much fun. We desperately needed some groceries, so we headed into town fairly early to get it out of the way.

Before that, I headed out for a bike ride. I rode a different route than normal. Although the mileage was about the same (4.6), it was a much harder route. Between the heat/humidity, and the fact that I’m not in great shape yet, I was beat by the time I got home. I had serious jello legs for a bit Smile

We got our grocery shopping done as quick as we can, then came back home to hang out & just relax.

Emilee & Kalia decided to play in the water hose for a bit.

untitled 2

untitled 3

Then they did some jumping on the trampoline…

Untitled-1

while Amanda lazed around.

After dinner the older girls got the brilliant idea to set the tent up in the backyard. They had no idea what they were doing (no instructions and they’ve never done it before), but they did pretty good. They had all intention of sleeping out there, but then decided not to (I’m secretly glad as I wouldn’t have gotten any sleep myself knowing they were out there by themselves)

For Monday, we had planned on doing absolutely NOTHING. I needed to get a few loads of laundry done, and a little bit of cleaning, but other than that….no plans.

 

Then my brother called and wanted to know if we wanted to go to Going Bonkers with them & my other sister. The kids jumped at the offer, so off we went. We had a great time! And I was so very proud of my youngest. She jumped right in & started climbing…and did not stop until we made her! There were no tears…no apprehension…she had a smile on her face the entire time. Such a huge difference from the first couple trips we’ve made where she would barely play in the kiddie area. She did play in the kiddie area this time, but spent the majority of her time runnin’ with the big kids. I’m so very proud!

After a dinner at IHOP, we’re finally back home & ready to start the work week.

Only 4 days of work…then we’re off on vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment