December 19, 2009

12 Days of Christmas - Days 6 & 7


Day 6 - Funniest Christmas Memory

Well....let's see. Not really coming up with anything hilarious right now, but here's one that comes to mind.

I have this really annoying uncle (every family has at least one, right?). He is single, with a few kids (not really sure how many now....maybe 5 or 6...I think he only sees 3 of them...., I digress) and lives with my grandmother. They usually do not celebrate Christmas with us...because we're not good enough for them, I guess. But anywho....this one year we all got together. And a couple of my sisters, knowing how the night would turn out, decided to hit the bottle a little early, if you know what I mean. So here we were...a little tipsy, maybe even a little mouthy & sarcastic (more than normal)....opening gifts from my side of the family. May not have been funny to some....but my sister & I had a blast! We got thru the night...even enjoyed ourselves. The others....they were stressed....should have come over to our side :)

I'm sure there are others....my family will have to refresh my memory.



Day 7 - What Christmas mean to me

Deep! Christmas is spiritual...it's about the birth of Jesus & the fact that he was born to save us. He was born KNOWING the end...KNOWING what he was born to do. Christmas is family - treasuring what God has given us & celebrating together. Of course, Christmas is also commercial & materialistic - it's good food, a time of giving & receiving, a time of sharing & loving. Christmas is magical!

No comments:

Post a Comment