December 22, 2009

12 Days of Christmas - Day 10


Day 10 - What the 1st Christmas Means to Me

There are so many things to say about the first Christmas. I keep going back to Mary. What would I have done if I had been her? Would I have believed what the angel was telling me? How would I explain this to Joseph and would he believe me? How would I explain this to my family and would they believe me? Do I really want to go through with this? Why would God have chosen me? Why did he find me worthy of such a task? Should I just tell God, um I think you have the wrong girl, maybe you should pick someone else? But Mary didn’t do that. She was ready to do God’s will. Ready to do what was asked of her. Ready to take on such a task. She trusted in God.


There are many times when I question God's will....more times than I want to admit. I am human....I have doubts. But I am constantly trying to be more open to where God is leading me. More open to hearing what he is saying. More open to listening & obeying. Constantly trying....

No comments:

Post a Comment