July 10, 2008

A Little This...A Little That

  • Dan's mom sent us some really cool Summer Palace/China Scenic collector plates. They were originally framed in a cherry-wood-stained frame, but we preferred black...so we spray painted them. What do you think? I think they're pretty awesome!



  • Dan has been collecting swords off & on for the past few years. He's really had no place to display them...until now. My Dad found this really cool display rack at an auction. Since they fit the Chinese theme (kinda), and looked pretty cool on the rack, I let him hang it in the bedroom (aren't I a nice wife?). I kinda like it!

  • The girls have been doing really awesome in softball this year. It's neat to watch how much they learn from year to year. Emilee has gotten some really good catches in the outfield, and Amanda has turned a couple double plays. Both are hitting really good, and having a lot of fun. It's been raining quite a bit here, so we've been cramming in make-up games whenever we have a day off...which makes for an even more hectic schedule...but we enjoy watching them play, so it's o.k.





  • Work is just crazy right now! With the recent sale, there have been many changes. Most are good, mostly just a lot of restructuring and switching of job duties. Still trying to figure out what I'm supposed to be doing (which is a challenge most of the time, because unfortunately I know how to do pretty much everything, so I get stuck doing most of the training, but am still expected to keep up on my own duties. Yeah!) In all honesty though, this change of ownership has went much more smoothly than any of us were expecting. Not that I want to do it again anytime soon, though!


  • I received the cutest flamingo p.j. set, capri set & lovey from Connie Davis & family. I joined a "Zoo Swap" with the "Worth Waiting For 2006" group. Thanks so much...everything is too cute!

Hope everyone's had a good week. One more day till the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. just stopping by to say hi! Hope you are all having a nice summer. Cute zoo swap stuff!

    ReplyDelete