June 01, 2008

Fun Weekend!

We had a great weekend!

First...We took the girls to their aunt's house to stay Friday & Saturday night. Finally some alone time with my hubby! We dropped them off around 5:00, grabbed a quick bite to eat (Hardees...how romantic : ), then headed over to watch "What Happens in Vegas", with Ashton Kutcher & Cameron Diaz. What a hilarious movie!!! Definitely not one for kids, but too funny!!!! Highly recommended!


After that we came home, checked email, did a little internet surfing & blog reading, and headed off to bed. We had a busy day coming up Saturday. We got up bright & early and did a little garage saling. I only go a few times a year, because I HATE getting up early! Luckily the day was not a waste, as we found a lot of good deals. It's hard to find things for the girls, with their sizes, but I did score them a couple DVDs (for only 75 cents each...and there was absolutely no scratches on them. COULD NOT pass them up!). I've been trying to limit myself on buying clothes for Kalia, as she has a ton already and we don't really know what size she'll need. I did purchase a really cool St. Louis Cardinals cheerleading outfit (for $1, looks barely used), a pair of Old Navy jeans (again $1, looks brand new), a 3-pc. jogging outfit (75 cents, barely worn), 7 pairs of shoes (5 size 3, 2 size 7...two of the size 3 were never worn, the other 4 look barely worn, all for $1 each), a nice crib-sized quilt for $2, 6 pairs of toddler socks for 25 cents, 3 vinyl books for 25 cents, and a Baby Einstein DVD for 75 cents. How's that for a bargain? I passed on a brand-new looking Evenflo pack-n-play for $40. We looked & debated for quite a while, but I'm still not sure if we'll even end up needing one, so decided to wait a bit. Hopefully we'll get another great deal later, if we decided we need one.

After we had some lunch and came back home to rest a bit, we took off to Kansas City to watch the Royals/Indians game. The Royals had been on an 11 game losing streak, so it wasn't looking good for us to watch a winning game, but they pulled it off. They played hard, and ended up winning 4-2. My parents went with us, even my Mom (who hates sports, but I think she had a good time watching us look like idiots :).


Today it was back to normal. Cleaning house. I even managed to get the carpets cleaned, which I've been saying for the past month I was going to do.

Hope everyone had as good a weekend as we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment