December 09, 2007

Christmas MeMe

I found this on another blog (I'd give credit, but can't for the life of me remember where I found it), and thought it'd be fun.

1. What is guaranteed to make you smile over the holidays? Seeing the tree & house all lit up and decorated and watching the girls count down the days till Christmas. Remembering to see the holiday through a child’s eyes…to see their excitement…always makes me smile.

2. What makes you weepy during the holidays?
Nothin’ much.

3. How will you spend Christmas Eve and Day?
We always celebrate Christmas eve with my family. Around Thanksgiving we decide whose house we’ll have it at, then we all bring a dish and have some yummies. After that we open presents. Then we come back home, set out the cookies for santa, read “Twas the Night Before Christmas” and “The Christmas Story” and hit the sack.
Christmas morning the girls wake us up and we see what Santa left, eat somethin’ yummy for breakfast and head down to Dan’s dad’s for Christmas dinner. By the time we get home that night, we’re pooped. But we have a great time and look forward to it every year!

4. What was your most memorable Christmas and why?
It’s a toss-up between the first Christmas Dan & I celebrated together, or Amanda’s 2nd Christmas (she was too young to really enjoy the first one).

5. Christmas form letters from friends -- pro or con?
PRO! I love reading what everyone has been up to.

6. In your home is Christmas more of a religious or secular observance?
I would say both. Very spiritual but we also enjoy the secular side to the season.

7. What is your favorite Christmas Carol?
Oh man, that’s a hard one! I love almost all Christmas songs. “Silent Night”, “New Kid in Town”, “O Come All Ye Faithful”…you name it!

8. What is your deepest prayer for the world this Christmas?
I can't think of a better prayer this season: Ephesians 3:16-19
“I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ!”

If you want to play along, consider yourself tagged!

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I might have to do this on my blog.
    I love your prayer. What a beautiful verse and so true. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete