November 19, 2007

More Painting...and other ramblings!

I’m not real sure what’s gotten into us lately, but we’ve decided to basically change our whole house! You remember this post where we finished redecorating the girls’ bedroom? Well, this weekend we re-painted the whole living area of our house. We have a rancher with an open floor plan, so when we decide to repaint the living area it’s an all weekend job! We now have 3 walls a milk chocolate brown (hard to describe….kinda like light milk chocolate) and 1 wall a very pretty olive (?) green. We also replaced the window frame & trim in the dining room…stained it a pretty Early American stain. (We’ll eventually get the other 2 picture windows done, but didn’t start them because we were afraid we wouldn’t get them done before Thanksgiving). Speaking of Thanksgiving…are we crazy or what for taking all this on with only 4 days til the holiday?! After the holiday we plan on installing some recessed lighting, replacing the other 2 window frames/trim, installing new light fixtures/chandelier in the dining/hall/kitchen areas and staining the deck. And that’s just the plans for the rest of this year…2008 is a whole new ballgame! We’ll have a whole new house soon!





We also took the girls to get their school pictures taken. I have never liked the way their pictures turn out when they get them taken at school, so the past 3-4 years I’ve just taken them to Sears or JC Penney’s to have them done. They always turn out much better…not to mention we get more pictures for less than half the cost! They turned out so good! I'm working on a collage of some of the proofs we got. If it turns out o.k. (the pictures are just thumbnails, so the quality may not be good enough to use), I'll get that up shortly. If not, the originals will be in at the end of the month, so I’ll be sure to get them scanned in and posted then.
The girls decided to "rake" some leaves on Sunday. I put that in quotations because they started out raking leaves, but soon became more interested in playing in the small pile they made. I couldn't complain though because they were having such a good time. At one point, my husband made a comment to look at them. Amanda was sitting in the pile and Emilee was laying on her side in front of her. They looked like best friends, just talking and having fun! I tried to sneak a picture, but they heard me and turned around. I did manage to get these.






Amanda snapped this picture of our cat. I thought it was cute!




Hope everyone had a nice weekend! 4 more days until Thanksgiving!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I love the pic of the kitty and the girls in the leaves. You two are doing amazing things on your house too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the paint colors you've chosen. Have a happy Turkey Day Brandi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a great photo of your girls in the pile of leaves. Have a very happy Thanksgiving!(and good luck with the painting - it looks good!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture of the girls in the leaves and the kitty in the leaves. What a great photo. Also I know exactly what you mean with school photos. I've had some that I finally would like from the school, but then the picture would be completely off center. I think they run them thru so quickly to get to the next child. What a great idea to get them taken at Sears. Hope you and your family have a terrific Thanksgiving!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete