January 31, 2012

The Year of the Dragon

The year of the dragon runs from January 23, 2012 thru February 9, 2013.

Anyone born in the years 1940, 1952, 1964, 1976, 1988, 2000 or 2012 were born in the year of the dragon.

So what does that mean for those born in those years?

People born in the year of the dragon tend to “stand out”.
They certainly are not shy – they demand attention and respect.


The dragon is a symbol of power.
Therefore in Chinese astrology the dragon person born under this Chinese Zodiac sign tends to be a "doer" – they do things and achieve power by getting things done.

A dragon can breathe out fire so the person born in the Chinese Year of the Dragon can be a hothead. They can say things that can be quite sarcastic and biting. Watch out if you make them angry!

However, the dragon has a soft underbelly and so in Chinese astrology the dragon person born in this Chinese Zodiac year has a "soft spot" to them. They may get angry at someone who annoys them but they also show great compassion to people in need.

A dragon has a long tongue which is often seen.

Funny enough, noone in my family was born in the year of the dragon (at least I don’t think so…if I’m remembering years correctly Smile  ) Although I totally think I should have been born in this year because this suits me perfectly!

_______________________________________

This year we did not do a big celebration like I had hoped. Not only did Chinese New Year sneak up on me, but with trying to sell our home & everything else we have going on…it just wasn’t a good time to plan a big party.

But no worries, we did celebrate!

On Thursday I celebrated with Kalia’s preschool class. We made some really cool dragons,

IMG_0363

IMG_0364

 

read books, played with the Chinese drum,

IMG_0357

IMG_0355

 

popped bubblewrap (for firecrackers),

IMG_0360

IMG_0359

had a parade and finally handed out red envelopes filled with gold coins (chocolate). The kids had a great time! I’ll definitely have to do this again next year. They loved the fact that Kalia wore her qi pao to school!

IMG_0353_whip cream

On Saturday Dan’s mom & dad joined us for a yummy Chinese dinner out. It was SO YUMMY! Dim sum…long noodles…I was craving them all day long!

Here’s a few more pics of Kalia in her silks. I tried my hardest to get a “happy” picture, but she just wasn’t cooperating this year.

IMG_0352

IMG_0379

 

This is the best I could do…

IMG_0362_velvet peach

 

Wishing you all a healthy & prosperous year of the dragon!

No comments:

Post a Comment