June 03, 2010

A visit from a long lost relative


We were so glad to get to spend time with my aunt this past weekend. She lives in California, so we don't get to see her very often.

She came back into town for her 20th HS reunion, but thankfully was able to carve out some time to spend with our family. You don't realize how much you miss someone, until they're here with you. We were fairly close as teens (she's only 3 years older than me), but lost touch a bit when she went off to college, then married & moved to CA. We've reconnected again and, since she has a daughter that is just 1 month older than Kalia, we have more in common than ever. It was nice to share stories, and find out that the crazy things our girls do is perfectly normal.

I spent more time talking & playing with her daughter than I did taking pictures, but was able to snap a few.




We're (Dan & I and my sister & her husband) are already talking about taking a short trip out their way later this year. Just have to secure childcare for 7 kids first :)

No comments:

Post a Comment