February 05, 2010

Dx: Strep Throat & Double Ear Infections


Kalia started feeling really yucky Wednesday night. She's had a cold for the last week or so, but no fever...just a little snotty & slight cough at night. By Wednesday she was running a 102 fever and was extremely clingy....there was no way she was letting her feet hit the floor! I walked in the door at 5:15, she fell asleep until 6:30, and I didn't put her down until we both went to bed at 10. Same thing for Thursday. I got her an appointment for Friday, as I didn't want to go all weekend without having it checked out (I knew it had progressed past a simple "cold"). That and I noticed she had a lot of drainage in her ear...bad sign...

Last night she wasn't sleeping well at all. She would lay on her left ear, then immediately flip her head & lay on her right. That lasted all of a couple minutes before she'd flip again. She did this ALL night! I could tell how miserable she felt. I knew her ear was bothering her a lot at this point...both of them. And I couldn't get her temp down below 101 - Tylenol was no longer working it's magic (& I had no Motrin in the house to alternate with).

Her appointment was at 9:30 this morning and they said she had a small puncture of her left ear drum (OUCH!!!!!), an ear infection in both ears & strep! Poor Baby! She's on a strong antibiotic now, and some ear drops for her ears. Hoping she begins to feel better in the next 24 hours or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment