December 20, 2009

12 Days of Christmas - Day 8


Day 8 - The best Christmas tree

So, do you like real trees? Are artificical more your style?

Me? I really have no experience with anything other than artificial trees. We have one big one in our living area....decorated very modestly with ornaments that the girls have made or been given. I was thinking this year, as they were hanging their ornaments, that once they grow up & leave our home, we will have no ornaments for our tree. Everything we hang is theirs. (Well, most of them anyway. Dan & I have very few....maybe we should start a tradition of giving each other an ornament each year....or we will have a very bare tree in the future.) The ornaments on the tree now have been given to the girls by us & their grandparents, mostly. They are ornaments they made while in school/activities when they were younger. They are ornaments that have a lot of sentimental value, and I will be sad to see them go.

But this post has me thinking. Next year it would be big fun to go and search for a tree. The girls talked about doing it this year, but we didn't. I think next year may be the year for a live tree. I'm up for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment