June 07, 2009

Going back to work stinks!

Yep...it does!

This was my first full week back to work (I have the next 3 weeks at part time, but filled in for a co-worker full time this week). It was hard....on all of us.

Kalia had a hard time adjusting to me being gone all day. She was good throughout the day for the girls & Dan, but once I came home she was very clingy and crabby. I think she was glad I was home, and she wasn't going to let me leave again. She had a little trouble sleeping those first couple nights, but it got progressively better as the week went on.

Kalia wasn't the only one having a hard time adjusting. I wasn't doing too well myself. It's really hard to go back to work after having 6 weeks off. Hard to leave your baby for 9 hours...hard to get up at 6:30 a.m...hard to figure out how to cram the 9 hours you lost with your baby into the 3 hours you have before her bedtime. I think by the end of the week I was doing better, but I still don't like it. I really wish there was a way I could stay at home full time, or at least work part time. But I just don't see it happening right now.

Amanda & Emilee are doing a great job helping out. I'm so glad they are around to watch her throughout the summer so we don't have to put her in daycare. I'm hoping by the time they go back to school, she'll be a little more adjusted and daycare will be easier on her. Thanks girls!

This week, while I was slaving away at work (heh! heh!), Dan & the girls went to the library, had lunch with me, went to the park, ran a few errands & went swimming. They have been very good at doing all this running while still keeping her on her schedule for meals & naps.

Here's some pics from our week....





No comments:

Post a Comment