Our little angel is fitting right in. Hard to believe it's only been 2 months. In some ways it seems like she's always been with us.
Some new skills:
- Is becoming much more comfortable with her surroundings. She no longer whines when I leave the room for short amounts of time (usually she just crawls around & follows me from room to room...at least I can get things done now) And Dan says she only whimpers a bit when I first leave in the morning, but it doesn't last long.
- She babbles ALL THE TIME now. No real words, just noise.
- She can climb onto the couch with no assistance
- She has learned to open all cabinets, and loves to stand in the pantry & drag everything out
- She's cutting 4 incisors right now....that makes 8 teeth she's cut since April 27!
- She loves the water...even an accidental dunking didn't phase her!
- She has absolutely no interest in walking (though we have gotten her to walk 5-6 steps between 2 of us when we make a game of it). She can crawl like nobody's business, and can walk while holding onto something, but has no interest in doing it independently.
- She babbles like crazy, but doesn't say any words (except mama...but I often wonder if she understands what it means or if it's just another sound to her)
- She will look around when you ask "Where's Mama" or "Where's Dada", but doesn't focus on you. I don't know if it's just another game she's playing, or if she doesn't understand who we are yet.
All-in-all things are going quite well. We're so blessed to have been chosen to be this child's parents!