December 24, 2007

No, unfortunately I'm not expecting my referral, but I thought this poem was cute. And what a perfect time to post it...Christmas Eve!

Merry Christmas Everyone! May our "Night Before Referrals" be very soon!

'Twas the night before Referrals, when all through the house
Not a brain cell was left between me and my spouse.
Our family was working and taking such care,
In hopes that our baby would soon find us there;

My child's in China nestled all snug in her bed,
While visions of mooncakes dance in her head;
As sure as I am that the sun will appear,
The child that I love, soon will be here.

The day is upon us, the time is so near,
To calm all my nerves, I'm in need of a beer,
The sound of the phone it rings from a far;
Dang it! I've locked the phone in the car.

No time do I waste looking for keys,
I pray to God as I fall on my knees,
There on the floor beside me appears,
my trusty ole hammer, I swing without fear.

Wham! Bang! Crash! Ouch! Dang it! Smash
The floor is now covered with nothing but glass.

From the depths of the floorboard
I retrieved it just fine,
I pushed the talk button
and found a dead line.

So back into the house
with my dead phone I flew,
I rushed by my spouse,
She Said "It's for you"

And then, for a moment,
My confusion did clear,
To see my wife holding,
our home phone and a beer.

Like rain from the heavens
when hurricanes fly
Tears just like raindrops
fell from my eyes.


"Hello" they did say,
"We've got you some news,
She's healthy and pretty,
and waiting for you"

"Her eyes- how they twinkle!
Her dimples, how merry!
Her cheeks are like roses,
She's happy and merry!"

"Her beautiful smile
is drawn up like a bow,
and both of her feet
have all five of her toes!"

While waiting for Fed-Ex, I thought I would die,
He stepped off his truck, and I tackled the guy,
My wife hopes they won't sue and that I can cope,
after I rip open, that Fed-Ex Envelope.

Her picture is here and how real she is now,
The only word I could utter was something like "WOW!"
The emotions intense, our love it out pours,
as my knees seem to buckle and I head toward the floor.

Passports! and Visa!
A Consulate Visit,
Our paperwork done?
Afraid that it isn't.

My wife says to cope and wait for TA's to come here,
but easier said when your daughter's so near.
My wife she has hope, she's a saint I confide,
she's convinced my doctor, I need tranquilizers prescribed!

By: Jack Hilton

No comments:

Post a Comment