November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

What a fun (long) day!

We have one of those families who, when a holiday comes around, we make the most of it. People started arriving around 10 a.m. and the last ones left around 9:30/10:00 p.m. We had a delicious lunch (and dinner…and snacks…and more snacks), watched some football, played some poker (an annual tradition in our family) and just conversed and enjoyed the day. I love the holidays!

I didn’t take many pictures, but here are a few (actually I didn’t take but 2 or 3, Amanda took the rest) Enjoy!

My niece, Aria, and nephew, Peyton.


My nephew, Gavin, decorating his Thanksgiving turkey cookie.


My handsome nephew again.


My nephew, Quentin, decorating his cookie.

Amanda had to decorate a cookie, too.


My nephew, Zachery, with his cookie.


The next morning we got up bright & early (3 a.m. to be precise…3 hours sleep!) and headed out to do some Christmas shopping…just Dan & I. I think this is one of my favorite times of the year. Yes, it’s crazy out there. Lots of waiting in lines, lots of crowds…but we’ve never encountered any major problems. I’ve never seen any fights, nor have we heard too many complaints. I think most people know what they’re getting into if they decide to go shopping on Black Friday. I know a lot of people think we’re crazy, but we love it!

We got lots of good deals…and finished our Christmas list. All we have left to get are a few stocking stuffers (and each other’s gifts, because we obviously can’t get those while shopping together). I hope everyone likes what we picked out…we sure had a great time shopping! I know for a fact the girls will like their gifts. We also managed to get some good deals on things just for us. For example, we have a company Christmas party mid-December and we (I) needed a new dress (yes, needed!). I found a really nice dress (regular price $80), for $36! Heck of a deal! Of course, my finding a new dress caused Dan to have to find a new dress shirt & tie, but oh well! I have shoes that will work just fine, so we don’t have to spend money on those (this will make Dan happy!). We also scored a new countertop-type blender (like the Magic Bullet) for $19, jeans for Dan for $13, jeans for Emilee for $16, some movies for $3-$5 each and a robe for $7. When we’d had enough shopping, we stopped by one of our favorite restaurants (Hu-Hots) for some yummy Chinese food. After picking up the girls from my sister’s, we crashed on the couch and dozed off & on until we finally called it a night around 9:30. 3 hours sleep in 37 hours! Crazy!

Saturday the girls helped me wrap presents. They love to help and I love to watch them having a good time. Here’s our gifts (except Dan’s and mine).


Hope you all had the bestest of Thanksgivings! Only 29 days till Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. I’m glad you had a good Thanksgiving! The kids all look like they are having fun decorating the cookies!

    Smiles! :o)
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving Brandi. Gosh you're organized with the Christmas shopping, and wrapping. I'm nowhere near that far along. I better get busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! My one wimpy foray into Friday shopping leave me in awe of you guys...not only of the 3 am wakeup...but completing your shopping too! Hopefully I will do so this weekend.

    Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You gotta love kids... looks like they are having a great time...

    ReplyDelete