October 08, 2007

Weekend Recap

SATURDAY: STILL working on the girls' room. One of these days it has to get done. Right? Please tell me one of these days it will be done!

We managed to finish up the painting (just had the closet left) and put up the last baseboard. Yeah! I think the hard part is done.

While Dan was mowing the grass, he found this:


He rather enjoyed bringing it through the house and scaring us half to death! After he quit messing around, the girls thought it was pretty interesting and loved touching it. We wouldn't let them hold it, and gave them a nice talking to about not picking up snakes out of the yard. Because, while this snake is not poisonous, it will still attack. It was pretty cool though...but I did make him leave the house with it after about 10 minutes.

Later that afternoon we headed down to "The Lake" and went out to dinner with Dan's dad & stepmom. We then sent the girls back with them and Dan and I went out by ourselves for a late-anniversary-night-out. We headed over to the outlet mall, just to kill some time before the Mizzou/Cornhuskers game started. I HAD to go to Carter's (Really, I was just walking by and they just reached out and pulled me in. You believe me, don't you?). I did get some cute little bibs for some swaps, but managed to abstain from purchasing anything else. We also wandered into Gap and I found the cutest hooded sweatshirt for myself. Not too heavy...not too light. Just perfect for cool, Fall evenings.

We watched the Cornhuskers get clobbered (And I mean clobbered. Mizzou walked all over them!) at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants. They make a mean margarita! It was a great time!

SUNDAY: Every Spring & Fall one of our local movie theaters offers free matinees. This weekend they were showing "Are We Done Yet?". Very funny movie. The girls loved it!

After that we went back and got started on building the closet organizer. We managed to get pretty much everything done in the room. The walls are painted. The chair rail & baseboards are up. The carpet is vacuumed & shampooed. The closet organizer is in (For the most part. The only thing left to do is hang the closet rods). Unfortunately we didn't have enough time to get the beds & everything moved back into the room, and Dan works the next 2 nights, so it won't get done until Wednesday. The good news is that EVERYTHING will be done, and the girls will be back in their bedroom, by this weekend! YEAH!

It's been a loooonnnnggg process, but the room looks awesome! I'll post pictures soon!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had another busy but fun weekend! We painted Anderson's bedroom this weekend too. He wanted a hunting room....such a boy!
    I can't wait to see pictures of the girls room!

    ReplyDelete