October 02, 2007

ANNIVERSARY #12

On Monday we reached our 12 year mark. Some days it feels like forever (in a good way), some days it feels like only a few years. I’ve known from the moment we met that we would marry. I’m so blessed to have found him. He’s more than my husband..he’s my best friend!

In honor of our 12 years I would like to list the 12 most memorable times we’ve had together. (We've had many, many more, but these are some that really stand out)

1. Our wedding, of course!
2. The birth of our 1st daughter, Amanda.
3. Our first anniversary. (Amanda was only 5 weeks old, so I cooked a nice meal (filet mignon, fresh green bean, potatoes, and cherry cheesecake) and stayed home. Nothing exciting, but I will never forget it)
3. The birth of our 2nd daughter, Emilee.
4. Our 10th anniversary Caribbean cruise
5. The first home we purchased together.
6. Finally getting some time to ourselves to cuddle up on the couch and watch a movie.
7. Taking the girls to Disney World.
8. The times we used to sit on the bluffs overlooking the railroad tracks and just talk and dream together.
9. Our yearly Christmas shopping trips. Yes, my husband is one of those very few men that enjoy shopping. We pick one day (usually the day after Thanksgiving or that weekend…crazy, I know!) and take the kids to my Mom’s or sister’s for the day (and maybe the night, depending on where we decide to go shopping. We never shop in our hometowns). Then we just take the whole day and go store to store and find something for everyone. We usually finish our shopping on that day (or most of it, at least), but the best part is just getting a whole day to do whatever we want. We have lunch, dinner and sometimes even a movie or other late night activity. It’s the best!
10. Senior Prom Night (Me, Dan and 4 friends booked a suite at a local resort and had a great night playing games & partying)
11. Staying late after work just talking (the summer after I graduated and before I started college). In the summer we would sometimes just hang out in the parking lot, sitting on the trunk of the car, and just talk about anything & everything. I’m sure I helped to age my parents prematurely, as I sometimes didn’t get home until around 1 a.m.
12. Embarking on a journey to adopt from China. I have always had a dream to adopt (one Dan was well aware of when we got married), and always planned to follow through…but you know how plans can change. I’m so very happy we’re getting the opportunity to follow through with one of my dreams, and I’m so very blessed to be doing it together.




I love you, hubby!
Here's to many, many more memories!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary Dan & Brandi! Congratulations to you both! In this day & age a happy marriage is not always easy so WAY TO GO, both of you! Here's wishing you many, many more years of happiness & memory making for you & Dan & your THREE girls! Jen P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! We have a big one coming up tomorrow (not actually the wedding date, but 10 years together). We'll toast you two as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! What a sweet post of wonderful memories. May you have many more years and fun times ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you both!! May you have many more happy years together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you had a wonderful anniversary! You have some very special memories, and lots more to make!

    Smiles! :o)
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulation on 12 years of memories, friendship, and a life together. It's so refreshing to see couples still happily married. I can't wait to see you post on your blog another number of most memorable things "Day we brought Kalia Home"!!!

    Hubby and I just celebrated 17 yrs!

    ReplyDelete