April 10, 2012

{Easter}

Easter was pretty low key around here.

A few weeks ago I went shopping with my mom for material for Kalia’s dress. I had found this pattern and wanted to make a couple outfits for her…one being a dress for Easter. My mom is a wonderful seamstress & graciously agreed to make it for her. And it turned out beautiful!

IMG_0540

I put it on her that morning, but for some reason it was bothering her. Not sure why as it’s just cotton…nothing scratchy. Not sure if she was just in a mood or what. She appeased me for an hour or so, but then wanted it off.

Oh well…I plan to try again next weekend when we get her 3 year Family Day pictures taken (more on that later…can’t believe it’s been 3 years!)

IMG_0551_woodstock

 

Anyway, she had a fun time collecting eggs.

IMG_0546_pp

 

Unfortunately the older girls are not much into hunting eggs anymore and we had stuffed close to 70 eggs.

IMG_0547_PP

 

She found about 25 of them before she starting tiring of it.

IMG_0548_velvwoodstock

I helped her find 15 more or so, but then we had to collect the rest of them.

 

Emilee & I then worked hard to cook a yummy Easter dinner. We had put the ham in the oven before hunting eggs, so we got started on the sides (deviled eggs, green beans w/bacon, stuffing & rolls). After dinner we made a lemonade cake. It was a recipe I’d found on Pinterest and it was really good.

Dan & I had made plans to catch a movie so we conned Emilee & one of her friends into watching Kalia for us.

It was a wonderful day. Very low-key but I just love spending time with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment