December 26, 2009

Christmas - Part 1

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve is always spent with my family. This year, with the economy being what it is and everyone struggling a bit, we decided to skip gift giving this year. To be honest, the kids got WAY too much anyway (everyone did, really) and we were kind of losing the whole point of Christmas....so I was totally okay with it. Or so I thought I would be. I really missed buying for the kids (my nieces & nephews). It's just so fun to watch them receive something they really want. But, I still like the way it turned out and I hope this way they can remember the true meaning of Christmas.


It was a great night with some delicious food & good conversation. The kids did end up getting a few small gifts (some of the kids exchanged gifts they had found for each other) and of course my dad NEVER follows the rules & ended up continuing his tradition of getting each kid gold dollar coins.


We had given the girls a gift to open before heading to my sister's....their Christmas Eve p.j.'s. Kalia ended up with some cute Gymb0ree footie jammies with snowmen, Amanda got a red 2-piece pair with penguins and Emilee got bright green with Christmas trees.

We headed to bed around 11 and couldn't wait to exchange family gifts the next morning. I fell asleep thinking about it being Kalia's 1st Christmas, and whether her birth parents were thinking about her on this day. I also said a prayer for all the children left behind without parents and that they would have their own families soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment