blessings - noun - a special favor, mercy, or benefit: a favor or gift bestowed by God, thereby bringing happiness.
As we approach this holiday of thanksgiving, I wanted to take a moment to reflect on all my blessings.....things we often take for granted.
- My husband - 14 years ago God blessed me with a man who has proved over & over again how deep his love is for his family
- My girls - all THREE of them. My girls make me proud. They're smart, funny, well-behaved (for the most part) girls. I'm especially thankful to have Kalia home with us this year. Waiting for her was extremely difficult at times, but she is so very worth it.
- My family & friends - no matter what our differences, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they will always have my back.
- My faith
- My home - nothing fancy, but cozy.
- My job - the fact that I still have one is blessing enough. I know there are many who are not so lucky.
- My health - I'm so thankful that the worst I get every year is a nasty sinus infection &/or cold/flu. Could be so much worse...
- And of course all the little, materialistic things (my computer, my new kitchen, etc....) So thankful I've been blessed with the means to purchase all these trivial things that I love so much.
The list could go on & on. I'm so very, very blessed and try very hard to remind myself of that on a daily basis.
Hope you all have a very happy Thanksgiving! Remember to count your blessings!