So I'm a little behind....nothing new there! Here's what's been going on the past week...
- REFERRALS!!!! Finally, February is DONE... FINISHED.... COMPLETE.... OUTTA HERE! Our friends Sara & Brian have finally received their referral for their beautiful little Mia. They've been waiting so long to be parents. I'm so excited for this new chapter in their life to begin. Head on over & check out the pictures of the beautiful Mia Lin!
- New Years Eve was spent with my sister/brother-in-law, Mom & Dad & a slew of nieces & newphews. We usually try to get together every year and play cards or board games. This year we got caught up in a game of hearts, and ended up playing that for almost 4 hours! The girls ended up staying with my mom & dad for a couple days, leaving Dan & I the house to ourselves.
- While having the house to ourselves, we've managed to put away all the Christmas stuff. I LOVE putting up the Christmas decorations, but absolutely HATE putting them away. Such a pain! But it's so nice to have our house back in order (at least til the kiddos get home this afternoon :)
- Thursday afternoon we headed to 0live Garden for some yummy dinner. I LOVE that place! We'd gotten some gift cards from my parents for Christmas...so thanks guys for a yummy dinner! We still have a little left on that card, and the full amount on the one my sister gave us, which we'll use in February when we go for our traditional Valentine's Day family dinner. Can't wait!
- I've also been working on Kalia's 100 Good Wishes Quilt. Unfortunately I was unable to get wishes/fabrics from everyone in my family, which really upsets me, as I wanted this to be something extra special for her. Oh well...whatcha gonna do? I was able to get squares from most of my side of the family (mom, sisters, even my grandma sent one). I found a pattern I liked and worked on laying it out yesterday. This is how it will look. Pretty cool, huh? The pattern only made a 52"x52" quilt, which seemed pretty small....so I added another row to the tops & sides, making it over 60" tall & wide. I think that will work much better when she gets older. Now comes the fun part of cutting all the squares to the correct size. Then it goes to my mom to sew together. Can't wait to see it all complete sometime later this summer.
- The weather here has been absolutely gorgeous!!!! It's been in the upper 50's since last Monday, and in the 60's the past 3 days. Today it was 70!!!! Unbelievable for the first part of January, but I'll take it.
Hope everyone has a happy 2009! I'm really hoping this is going to be our year....the year we see Kalia's beautiful face. We'll see!