January 29, 2008

Well...

Let's see. What to talk about???

Not much going on around here.

This weekend the girls went to a hip-hop dancing class. They had a great time and really learned a lot of moves for a 2 hour class. They divided the girls into 2 groups; K-3 and 4-6 grades. They each learned the moves to a song, then came together at the end and performed for us adults. It was a lot of fun! I took pictures, but they didn't turn out real good. I'll try to run them thru Photoshop in the next few days and see if I can make them a little better.

The weather was BEA-U-TI-FUL this weekend, so we really took advantage of it! We're still working on cleaning the backyard up after the ice storm that hit us hard in December. We've got most of it done...probably only need 1 more weekend to go to finish it up. Then we're going to plant all new grass seed and hopefully have a really nice, plush yard this spring!

Speaking of weather...MO is known for it's changing weather. There's a saying that if you don't like the weather, just wait a minute and it will change. Sure enough...this weekend it was between 50 & 60. Today it started out around 45...it's now about 23 and snowing! Crazy!!!!

Referrals are rumored to get to somewhere between Dec. 22 to Dec. 30. I would absolutely freak out if they did up to the 30th. Don't see it happening, but come on CCAA...prove me wrong!!! I dare you!! Double dog dare you!!! Hopefully we'll find out soon. They should start arriving next week sometime.

That's about all I have. Nothing too terribly interesting. Sorry to bore you! Hope your days are a little more interesting!

5 comments:

  1. Well Brandi, I too would absolutely freak out if referrals went to the Dec.27-30th range. You might just hear me screaming all the way from WI if that happens! Realistically I'm thinking the 22nd, but wouldn't it be nice to be wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would freak too if they made it to the 30th. I am guarding my heart and telling myself only the 22nd but I would love to be proven wrong! The 30th would call for a party or something fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly the rumours that start a big batches rarely occur and people just get dissapointed. I think they will reach the 23rd but would be jumping for joy if they got throught 2005 ( or close to).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    i found your blog on another international adoption blogroll. I wanted to say 'hi' as I'm adopting internationally as well, but from Uzbekistan. I look forward to following your journey.
    Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's hope that there is at least a little sped up in referrals... take care

    ReplyDelete