December 03, 2007

Weekend Recap

We managed to get most of our Christmas decorating done this weekend…in between me being sick and 2 parades.

On Friday we went to the Living Windows event downtown. This is an annual event and we always look forward to attending. Last year it was soooo cold (I’m not sure of the temp, but I’m guessing low 30’s and I remember it being extremely windy) that I only lasted about 20 minutes before we high-tailed it back to the warmth of the car. This year the weather was much better…upper 40’s, I think, and no wind. I LOVE to watch the little kids dance in the windows and all the carolers on the streets. We took a hayride around a couple blocks, walked through a candy cane house and, right before we left, purchased some cinnamon roasted almonds. DE-LI-CIOUS!!!! Even with my nasty cold, I enjoyed it! (Of course, when I got home I felt worse, but that’s o.k. It was worth it. And Dan was off this weekend, so he stayed up with the girls and I went straight to bed)


Saturday we woke up and started on the decorating. We got the tree about halfway up before we had to head into town and watch the Christmas parade. It’s always a huge event and usually lasts about an hour. They were calling for rain, but luckily it held off until later that afternoon. After that we did a little grocery shopping (yucky!), then came home and finished putting the tree up. We got that done just in time to sit down and watch the MU game. We were so hyped up, but unfortunately the Tigers weren’t! Remember my last post when I said we were going to sit down and watch the Tigers kick some butt? Well, there was some butt-kickin’ goin’ on, but unfortunately it wasn’t the Tigers doin’ the kickin’! They played SO GOOD all season long, but came out playing this game like it was their first game EVER! It was HORRIBLE! Not sure what happened…guess maybe they were just too nervous. At least I hope that’s all it was. Oh well…there’s always next year!


Pics from JC Christmas Parade:

On Sunday we finished the decorating. We now have everything up & ready. The girls were in their hometown parade and the weather started out looking very promising. It was already near 50 degrees at 9:30 in the morning, but that quickly changed. By the time I got out of the shower, it had started pouring and the temperature had dropped into the low 40’s. The rain stopped in time for the parade to go on, but man was it cold! Luckily kids (at least mine) don’t mind the cooler temps and had a great time! I, on the other hand, stood out and watched them and was ABSOLUTELY FROZEN by the time they went by. I felt bad, but quickly went inside after they passed by. I hate the cold weather! How many more days until Spring???


Needless to say, it’s now Monday and, after being out in the yucky weather most of the weekend, still have a cold! But, am I at home resting??? Of course not! Oh well, I’ll live…only 4 hours to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment