December 27, 2007

Christmas 2007



We had a WONDERFUL Christmas!


Everyone showed up around 4:30 Christmas Eve. We had sandwiches, chips, veggies & dip and desserts (we like to keep it simple). There was about 25 people (I have a huge family). The picture of the gifts under the tree...crazy, huh? We always buy for all the kids (at least one present each, sometimes a couple) and pretty much all the adults (even though we start out saying "Let's just keep it simple this year and buy for the kids"...Never happens : ) It's an absolutely crazy time...very loud and chaotic...but it's my favorite time of the year! I absolutely love watching the kiddos opening their presents and seeing their faces when they get exactly what they asked for. And I love seeing the adults enjoying what we picked out for them! Of course, I always love what's picked out for me, too! We are very blessed!


I think everyone managed to get exactly what they asked for (except Amanda, who asked for a cell phone and that request was nixed immediately...but she knew it would be...she just had to ask though : ) I got a wine cooler and some bottles of wine (I've been wanting one for awhile and never for a second thought I'd really get one...I love it!), a CD, a picture frame with pics of my girls, some chocolates, some new pj's (needed those), perfume, gloves (nice Isotoner ones), gift cards, cash and a lot of other goodies. Dan got a very nice Cardinal jacket & shirt, an awesome sword (he collects them), a new coat, wallet, shirts, Nickelback CD, DVD, gift card, cash and some other goodies. Amanda got a digital camera, Webkinz horse, lots of cash, iTunes card, Kohls card, gumball machine (have no idea why she asked for this...but she loves it), and a ton of other things. Emilee got an iPod (her #1 item), puzzles, Webkinz puppy, lots of cash, iTunes card, Kohls card and a ton of other things.


My mom always makes the girls an outfit for Christmas. This year she made a skirt/jacket for Amanda and a beautiful dress for Emilee. What do you think?


What a great Christmas! We are truly very blessed! Hope yours was just as wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. That is a LOT of presents. Aaron's got a huge family too and it sort of swallows up half the room. Glad you all had a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete